Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SANAA LATHAN COVERS UPTOWN MAGAZINE + SHARES STORIES ABOUT HER DAYS AS A MAID

The Tony-nominated, Love & Basketball actress Sanaa Lathan is on the cover of Uptown magazine’s May 2011 Travel issue. Inside, she talks about her experience on set, her new play “By The Way, Meet Vera Stark” (where she plays a maid) as well as her upcoming projects.

Speaking of maids, the 39 year-old Yale graduate recently admitted that she used to work as a maid while trying to make it to make it to the movie screen:

“My grandmother had an older man friend that lived in the building with us, and I would go over and clean his apartment when I was 13-years-old. He would give me like $30. I was trying to make that cash. I didn’t have a problem with it. I think that there’s no shame in making a living, and getting money by honest means. So I would just say, do what you have to do, but do it honestly. Go after your dream, but there’s nothing wrong with making money with a regular job.” [Source]

Wow. Who would’ve thought it?! You can check out the behind the scenes video from her Uptown magazine covershoot below..

No comments:

Post a Comment