Friday, April 5, 2013

BRANDY OPENS UP ABOUT MOTHERHOOD & MUSIC IN ‘PYNK’

Ms. Brandy serves fierceness for the cover of PYNK magazine’s newest edition. The singer-songwriter dishes on how she knew her fiancé, Ryan Press, was the one, her dream of one day playing Whitney Houston in movie and what fans can expect from her role as Chardonnay of BET’s The Game. The “Without You” singer also chatted about the influence behind her album, Two Eleven, what she thinks about the state of rhythm and blues music and how she manages to balance motherhood and her career:
ON HOW SHE BALANCES HER CAREER WITH MOTHERHOOD:
I don’t know! [laughs] It’s hard. I haven’t worked this hard in my life! My daughter has her own life now. She’s getting older so she has her own schedule now. Sometimes, I want her to travel with me and she’s like ‘no mom. I have a school trip I have to go on.’ [laughs] I have a great support system though. My fiancé, my mom and god-sisters they definitely help out.

ON HOW SHE AND HER FIANCE, RYAN MET:
He’s a music executive. So, we actually met in the studio a long time ago. We reconnected at a music event sometime later and when we talked, it just felt like I knew him. Then I would just run into him in random places in New York…I’d walk into a restaurant for lunch and he’d be there. I ended up running to him at another event and he kept staring at me the whole night. It made me so uncomfortable because I thought he was married. So, I told him that he should stop staring at me because he’s married and it’s not a good look. He was like ‘what are you talking about? I’m not married.’ [laughs] From there, we just started talking on the phone. Then, dating. When he told me he was relocating to LA for his job, I just thought to myself, ‘he’s going to be my husband’. I took that as a sign.
Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment