Friday, April 13, 2012

New Video: Melody Thornton – “Someone To Believe”

“Lord knows I won’t stop until my heart gives way.” It’s not easy going solo after being a part of a multi-platinum selling girl group but Melody Thornton is determined to have a voice among today’s female singers. She shows her talent on her newest song, ‘Someone To Believe’, off of her new mixtape ‘P.O.Y.B.L’ [Piss On Your Black List].
In the video, we see her stripped-down and singing her heart out against cuts of footage from her childhood singing days and her time in the spotlight as a member of the Pussycat Dolls, which gives us a full idea of where she’s at and where she’s been.
She also sheds a few tears in between her soul-stirring lyrics as she assures us that she isn’t going anywhere. She’s going to fight for her place doing what she loves.
“And I don’t believe in fairytales no more, but I still believe in me
I don’t believe in forever, but I could use some company
Still I will fight, ’til the day
I will fight, all the way
I will fight
Lord knows I won’t stop, until my heart gives way”
Watch the video below

No comments:

Post a Comment