Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nicki Minaj Attends ‘Pink Friday’ Perfume Launch At Macy’s


What isn’t Nicki Minaj doing nowadays? She has busted her window of opportunities wide open…
After successfully launching a nail polish collection with OPI and a lipstick with MAC Cosmetics, Nicki has now entered the perfume industry with a new fragrance, titled ‘Pink Friday’.  Yesterday, after making a few promo stops at area radio stations as well as ‘The View’, she was spotted at Macy’s Herald Square for the official launch of her new perfume.
The bottle of the fragrance, features a woman wearing a pink wig and gold Nicki Minaj nameplate. While on the View, Nicki briefly spoke about what influenced the design of the bottle and gave thanks to the people who continue to support her:
They were like, ‘What do you want in your perfume bottle if it’s one thing you could have?’ And I said ‘If it’s one thing I could have it would be a pink wig.’ And they were like, ‘Really?’ They kinda didn’t want to make me feel bad. They were like, ‘Well, we’ll try, let’s see what happens,’ and they brought me a sketch of it and I was mesmerized. I never in my life as a little girl growing up in Southside Jamaica Queens, if anyone would have told me that I would have my own perfume one day and be able to inspire young black girls everywhere to go in Macy’s or Nordstroms and see their face staring back at them, I would have never believed it. I want to just thank everybody who supported me for such a long time and [gave] me a chance for me to be me.





No comments:

Post a Comment