Wednesday, July 27, 2011

KELLY ROWLAND COVERS VIBE’S ‘JUICE’ ISSUE

Singer Kelly Rowland shows some skin on the August/Septemeber Juice issue of VIBE magazine. In the interview Kelly opens up about what it felt like to finally depart from the management of Mathew Knowles and how she grew into her sexuality while working on this album. Peep a snippet below. Looking great, Kelly! Ow!

On whether she felt more appreciated in Europe with her last album:
Kelly Rowland: No, not really. People still compare me to B over there. I said in an interview recently, ‘You know, if you guys would be a little bit more intelligent and ask me about myself we’ll have a much better interview.’ You can’t want a story from me and keep asking me about the past.

On whether she felt relieved after deciding to depart from Mathew Knowles’ management:
I did, but I also felt like, ‘Oh my God, what have I done?!’ I stayed in the house for two days. I was sad. It was like a funeral. I had to deaden that situation in order to start fresh. That’s a very long time to have the same manager and the same label.

On whether she thought “Motivation” was too racy for her image:
Not at all. Every woman knows what that feels like—hopefully. But everyone doesn’t expect Kelly to sing about it. This is true. But I just loved the song so much. And yes, I can relate to it. I came into my sexuality while I was recording this album. I can walk into a sex shop now and not worry about what people would say if they saw me in there. [Read more]

The August/September issue hits stands on August 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment