Friday, July 1, 2011

Keri Hilson Talks ‘The Sophomore Jinx’, Real Men & Being Assertive With Cee Lo

Last night, Cee Lo Green’s new show ‘Talking With Strangers’ aired on Fuse TV with special guest Keri Hilson. During the segment, Cee Lo grilled Keri on her assertive personality, her humble beginnings growing up in Decatur, Georgia, her family background, as well as how she began songwriting and composing as a child. The segment was cute but Cee Lo looked as though he was two seconds away from sopping her up with a biscuit and some gravy.

Keri also performed ‘All the Boys’ and ‘Pretty Girl Rock’, with Cee Lo interrupting her performance to hold a mirror up so that she could fix herself up. Check out a few excerpts from the interview plus a close up of Keri’s killer shoe game below:

On the provocative record “The Way You F*** Me”
You know what Cee-Lo, if I’m representing women in the realest way, I have to keep it real with my audience. Every woman has that side of them. I don’t do music to paint myself perfect, I don’t care. I’d much rather it be real than perfect. You don’t give that to everybody but on a certain night with the right person that’s what we want.

On the title “No Boys Allowed”
Real men do real things. I just feel like now that I’m out there, so to speak and I have these conversations with my girls I just feel like everything that was old school and honorable about men…chivalry, respect and all of that is out the window. But women, for the sake of being hugged at night, we tolerate bullsh*t and if I could’ve called it “No Bullsh*t Allowed” I would’ve done that because that’s what separates the boys from the men.

On not having a sophomore album jinx
I didn’t feel it until “Breaking Point.” It was a very ballsy move to put out something like that first. We knew what we had but I feel like the timing of putting that record first….the same way I feel about “Energy.” I just didn’t feel like it was the best introduction record to Keri Hilson.

Azzedine Alaia (Retail $3140)

2116292337 by yardie4lifever2

No comments:

Post a Comment