Thursday, August 19, 2010

Idris Elba Is “UPSCALE”

Idris Elba In his interview with Upscale, Idris goes a little into detail in regards to his personal life but when it comes to the woman he’s choppin’ down, he feels that is…

NONE OF YOUR DAYYUMM BUSINESS!!!

On being a sex symbol:
“Black men have never been sexy. We’re ‘sportsmen.’ We’re ‘intimidating.’ We’re not ‘good fathers.’ So we need that. I think we should celebrate that. But am I a sex symbol? I don’t know. Not everybody likes one thing.”

On who he’s dating:
“I’m sure people are curious, but do they really care? No. Jesus Christ, does it make a difference in their lives? No, not at all. …I don’t hide my girlfriend in a box or anything like that. I keep a very real existence in my real life. I go shopping for food myself. I have kids. I love my children and I love my kids. But they are not part of that world.”

On His music
“When you listen to hip-hop right now, a lot of it is so aspirational: I wanna get this, I wanna be that. For me, it’s a matter of celebrating who we are and where we are. Being thankful and trying to be content with what you have, as opposed to what you can get. My music, especially the rap stuff, is a bit more observational.”





No comments:

Post a Comment