Friday, August 20, 2010

Trina Talks Beef, Marriage & Ballers

Recently my girl Necole Bitchi caught up with Trina for an interview and she dished on everything from her perfect wedding to her relationships with Kenyon Martin and Lil Wayne. She also talked briefly about female rap beef, her family (her mom is from the Bahamas, her dad the Dominican Republic) and her feelings on “sex on the first date”. Here are a few excerpts from the interview:

On dating Kenyon Martin
I didn’t go through any difficulties with Kenyon. He’s a great person. He’s a good man, with a great heart. Funny, charming and I got mad respect for him. Sometimes as two adults, you see things differently. And basically that’s it. All the drama, all the “Ballers ain’t no good” etc… Hell 95% of men ain’t no good! I don’t believe in all that foolishness. I don’t care if you’re a baller or you work at the post office. If you’re a cheater and a liar, you’re in the same category. So I don’t excuse anybody.

On The Type of Girlfriend She Is While In A Relationship
I am very “I take care of my man” type of girl. I am going to make sure that anything that you need and desire, if I can do it; God willing I’m going to make sure I do it. And I am going to expect the same respect, admiration, affection and intimacy from you as well. I love to be attentive, take care of you all day, whatever it is that you need, I’ll make sure that you got it. I’m going to give you 150%, and if it doesn’t work out, there is not regret because I did everything that I could. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, bath, shower, chocolates, candles, vacay, anything, you name it!

On if she thinks marriage can last in this day and age
I don’t really know. I think that one big fear of mine about getting married would be getting divorced. I would be marrying for life, this is it, and I don’t ever want to get a divorce. But I don’t think that guys are 100% ready to just “STOP IT”. I believe in love and giving 150% and at the end of the day, if it doesn’t work out, at least you know that you gave all that you could.

On Sex on the first Date
Absolutely no! There is no excuses, there is no “I was on Ciroc” or “I was on too much Patron”…. nothing! That is total lust, disrespect and not a good situation. I feel that what you are going to do on a first day, you’re probably gonna do on the 30th day so why do you feel that you need to do it right now. I don’t know you, you don’t know me. I don’t know when was your last check-up, I don’t know if you go to the dentist and keep your teeth cleaned, I don’t know anything about you. I need to get to know you. There is no way that we are going to bed on the first date, absolutely not! As a woman, it’s definitely worth waiting for. If you feel that you are worthy, you should definitely wait.

On female rap beef
Me personally, I could care less about the drama. I feel that if there were more collaboration with females, it will be a bigger respect for how hard it is that we work in this game, because it’s a pretty shitty game that you have to deal with as a woman”. There are some really fly girls in the game and if there was more collaboration, there would be less drama and more hot records”

Check out the entire interview over at Bitchie Life

No comments:

Post a Comment