Thursday, November 17, 2011

ALICIA KEYS ON MOTHERHOOD & GIVING BACK IN ‘WEBMD’

Singer-songwriter Alicia Keys has been chosen to be featured on WebMD magazine‘s November/December 2011 cover. In the digital magazine’s Heroes issue, the philantrophist spoke about her passionate fight against HIV/AIDS through her Keep a Child Alive

organization, motherhood and how it felt to be in the director seat of a film:

On giving back to those thru her org, Keep a Child Alive:
“Sometimes we watch the news and things seem so out of hand. We feel that there’s nothing we can do. Or we think in order to donate we have to give $100 or $500. You can give $1, or even 50 cents a month, and these very small amounts add up and make a difference.”

On being a mother:
“Motherhood is a billion times better than I expected, and I already expected it to be great. It’s all the things everyone ever said, but you don’t know it until you’re there. It’s a really special time, and I feel so honored that I get to help somebody in this world find his wings, and navigate and learn happiness, and be loved. Actually, he’s helping me learn, because I’m smarter now. He’s awesome! I’m having a ball!”

On being a director:
“To be a director is something I always wanted to do,” she says. “It’s a beautiful dance, a beautiful orchestra, and all these parts make the music. That’s how I hear it. That’s how I see it. I loved it! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.” Plus, she jokes, “to watch the actors go into hair and makeup and not have to go in myself” made her love it even more. [Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment