Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eva Marcille Covers Kontrol Magazine: Talks Tyra Banks, Love Life & Career Evolution

Eva Marcille covers the latest issue of Kontrol magazine with a spicy gender roles reversal photo spread featured inside. In the cover story, she reveals that she was once managed by Tyra Banks and gives the one piece of advice she received from Tyra that will always stick with her. She also shared her perspective on love, what she would do differently in her next relationship and where she would like to take her career from here.

Check out a few excerpts below:

On advice she received from Tyra
Well, I was lucky Tyra was my manager. I was the only girl who she managed from the show, and she taught me that even though this might be fun and I might like it, that it’s my bread and butter and that this is a business. She’s a business woman and she was the best teacher. Because of her, I’ve been able to stay beyond afloat in this business and make money for myself doing what I love to do.

On if she’s dating
No, I’m focusing on my career. I have 2 dogs and my family. I had a battle last year with my father, he had a massive stroke. So, I found myself buckling down and spending time with my family and working on my career. Once you get done working and spending time with your family, all you have time left to do is sleep.

On if she’d do anything different since her last relationship [with Flo Rida]
My last relationship was amazing. He was a great guy and I had a great time. You grow up, you learn, you change. There isn’t anything that I would do differently; I have no regrets. I wasn’t looking for love when I found my last lover, so hopefully it comes again that way. I’d rather have loved and lost than to not have loved at all.

On her goals for the future
Well, I’ve been doing a lot of writing and creating shows. I would love to sit back and see my shows that I’ve produced and created on television. I created and produced a show a few years back on BET J, but I would love to see them on a larger scale, see what’s in my brain and see my shows come to fruition on the big screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment