Monday, August 20, 2012

Vanessa Bryant: ‘I’m Sad My ‘Championship’ Comments Are Being Misconstrued’

Vanessa Bryant wants you to know that she’s not a shallow – gold digging Basketball Wife.  She was with Kobe Bryant before all five of his rings boo!
And this is why she never talks..
Last week, she caught a lot of flack after she was featured in a NY Magazine article focused on the wives of NBA stars and during the interview made a comment that ruffled more than a few feathers:
“I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can’t win championships. If you’re sacrificing time away from my family and myself for the benefit of winning championships, then winning a championship should happen every single year.’
After being slammed by critics, who wrote her off as being a gold digger who would leave Kobe as soon as he decided to retire, Vanessa released a statement to TMZ that read:
I’m sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams. I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates.
For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family.
Coincidentally, Kobe proposed to Vanessa a month before he won his first championship, during the play offs. He was a 21 year old NBA champ by the time they married.
But don’t get it twisted, there is certainly nothing wrong with wanting to be with a ‘winner’…
Via TMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment