Friday, September 9, 2011

‘Basketball Wives L.A.’ Draya Talks Being the Villain, How She Wants to Be Portrayed & Her Favorite BBWs

Before her reality television debut on VH1′s ‘Basketball Wives L.A.,’ Draya Michele had already made a name for herself, not only as a model and party host, but being linked to ballers like recently arrested Javaris Crittenton, Kenyon Martin, Deshawn Stevenson and Kevin Durant; and artists such as Chris Brown. The 26-year-old Philly native caught up with Vibe Vixen to discuss being the ‘BBW L.A.’ villain, which ‘BBW’ cast members are her favorites and why, what people can expect to see from her (including her son) on the show while sharing a bit about her personal style:

On How She Wants to Be Portrayed on the Show
Hopefully, after editing and everything, it changes some people’s opinions of me. I know what to expect, so I won’t be shocked if a lot more people hate me than they already do. People don’t always have the nicest things to say about me, so I’m used to it already.

I want people to see what I do and how I live me life, just so they have a better understand of what it is that I do. A lot of people are confused about how I live my life and why I live my life a certain way and I’m able to travel so much. I want to put a light on what [my life] really is. It is not always a party. I don’t look at a party as a party; I look at a party as a job, so [the show] will let people know what is really going on inside of my world.

You will definitely see me doing my family thing, my mom thing and my work thing. Anything that is me is going to be on there. Of course, my son is an important part of my life, so I wouldn’t do anything that didn’t involve him. I didn’t leave anything uncovered.

On what exactly it is that she does
I do everything. Anything and everything I can get my hands on out here in LA, I’m into it. I’m doing my acting, my modeling and starting a business–a million things.

On how she would expand her brand in a perfect world
I would want to be a boss somewhere with my name on some stuff, sitting up and paying other people to run my business.

On Her Connection to the Basketball World
Basically, now I’m friends with a bunch of wives and I dated a basketball player before. I mean, it was nothing currently or anything like that. It was a couple years ago. No big deal.

On Why Evelyn Lozada & Tami Roman Are Her Favorite ‘Basketball Wives
I like them because that’s them, but I have similarities that I see in Evelyn. I am little bit more reserved, and I don’t really like to snap on people and show that side. I don’t think it is really necessary for me to get all crazy, but I can. I definitely have that inside of me. All I need the right person to bring it out.

On Her Personal Style & Upcoming Bikini Line
I basically I like to mix cheap and expensive together, and it works for me. I believe as long as I have on a good shoe, I can wear anything and it looks right. If you are confident in your own skin, you can wear a plastic bag and it is going to look cute. [I love] Anything from Urban Outfitters to Neiman Marcus and anything in between. You can catch me in every store from Saks to Forever 21.

I am pretty basic. I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, but I do like to wear bronzer. If my bronzer is out, I have to run and go get another one. I am also an eyelash girl! I don’t get the strips; I like the individual lashes. That’s something that I can’t live without. Some eyelashes, bronzer and lipgloss goes a long way with me.

I am working on a bikini line right now for all types of girls. Its going to be affordable for everybody and stylish enough for everybody. Read More



No comments:

Post a Comment