Friday, September 30, 2011

MAG COVERS: LIL WAYNE TALKS DRAKE AND JAY-Z DISS IN ‘VIBE’

Platinum selling artist Lil Wayne is on the October/November issue of VIBE magazine. Inside, the 29 year-old talks about his jab towards Jay-Z in his Tha Carter IV single, “It’s Good”, how hip-hop played a role in the London Riot as well as whether he see his artist, Drake as competition:

On his diss towards Jay-Z & Beyonce:
I know for a fact, music is about perception. You can’t do anything but perceive what you hear. If I know that for a fact, I can never be upset about someone’s reaction to it. I’m not gonna say I don’t know what will happen before I say it [on record]. I do know what will happen. I am aware of it. It is what it is.

On whether he knew the repercussions for making a jab at Jay:
Well, I’m a man. I believe as a man you should know that. Every man should know the repercussions and consequences behind whatever they do before they do it. And of course, I know there won’t be any repercussions behind what I did.

If he sees Drake as competition:
I don’t look at it like that. Drake is my artist. If he wasn’t my artist, then yeah maybe. But that’s my artist. He’s not [just] a friend. We’re more than friends. It’s business. It would be impossible for it to be a competition. I mean, I’m the guy’s boss. [Source]

The October/November issue of VIBE hits newstands early October.

No comments:

Post a Comment